How to Calculate Humidity in an Airtight Vessel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mahler.ji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Humidity oven
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
mahler.ji
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

This is my first post on here, so thank you in advance for your help.


Homework Statement



I have an air tight vessel that has a volume of 1m^3. The bottom of the vessel has water in it. What internal pressure is needed inside the vessel to achieve a temperature of 45C and 75% Relative Humidity? Also, what is the partial pressure of water vapor at that condition?


Homework Equations



None Given.

The Attempt at a Solution



I can't figure out how to figure out the mass/moles of water vapor in the air in order to figure out partial pressure and, thus, the relative humidity. I can't figure out how to get the overall pressure without knowing the mass/moles of water vapor in the air either. So I just need to know how to get started and i think I can finish it.


again, thanks for your help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone have any ideas at all?

I think the real question is, based on Temperature and Pressure, how do I know how much water is in the air??

Thanks,