How to Calculate Intensity in Airy Disk from a Point Source?
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Discussion
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,536
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airy_disk#Mathematical_details
You need to be able to calculate values of Bessel functions. I've seen online Bessel function calculators... try a Google search for them.
You need to be able to calculate values of Bessel functions. I've seen online Bessel function calculators... try a Google search for them.
Mentor
- 23,212
- 7,701
jtbell said:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airy_disk#Mathematical_details
You need to be able to calculate values of Bessel functions. I've seen online Bessel function calculators... try a Google search for them.
Thanks Jtbell. I actually found that about an hour or so after I posted lol.
I'll look up that Bessel Function calculator, thanks for suggesting it.
Similar threads
- omoplata
- · Replies 5 ·
- Optics
- Replies
- 5
- capudang
- · Replies 1 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 1
- grkm
- · Replies 5 ·
- Advanced Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 5
- jessicaw
- · Replies 5 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 5
- kokenwa
- · Replies 3 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 3