How to Calculate Moist Air Dehumidification and Cooling Rates?

  • Thread starter Thread starter darkmagic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cooling
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
darkmagic
Messages
164
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Moist air at 40 C and 90% R.H. enters a dehumidifyer at the rate of 300 m3/min. The condensate and the saturated air exit at 10oC through separate exits. The pressure remains constant at 100 kPa. Determine (a) the mass flow rate of dry air, (b) the water removal rate, and (c) the required refrigeration capacity in tons.

Answers: (a) 311.61 kg/min, (b) 11.40 kg/min, (c) -181.91 tons

I tried everything I know in my scratch but this topic does not teach by my professor. I read some books and research. However, I still do not get the answer. Just explain to me how to solve this kind of problems
 
Physics news on Phys.org