I'm was feeling a conflict between the strategy for making the highest possible score and the one you suggest for the best chance to make 100%... I think you are right, but it didn't feel right. :)
If you know the answer to 24 of 25, then you might justify "going for it" and guessing that one rather than leaving it blank. But the fewer you know you have right, the less likely this would work. The extreme case of going in clueless and not knowing any of the answers would require one to guess correctly all 25 times.
I think that would be p=(1/5)^25 or 1 out of almost 300 quadrillion.
I'm thinking that if you graphed both strategies (probability of scoring 100% over number of answers not known) that the max score strategy will start at 0% and remain flat because of choosing a blank over a total guess. The no-blanks strategy starts at .2 with one unknown answer, and approaches (1/5)^25 with subsequent unknown answers. So you are correct.
But, if you plot probable scores rather than probability of 100%, the max score strategy starts off at .25 and remains flat at .25, but the no-blanks method starts at .2 and fall fast.
If I did this is right (?), I'm surprised you are correct. I would not have seen it that way, Thanks.