What is the best program for MSEM? Student Request

In summary, the conversation revolves around the use of multilevel structural equation model (MSEM) in research, with the individual seeking recommendations for the best program to use. They mention various options such as SPSS, MPlus, SAS, LISREL, AMOS, and R2, and express concern about making an ineffective purchase. The individual also provides basic information about their research, including three levels, nested groups, confounding and latent variables, and a data source of 33 Likert-type questions with a sample size range of 250-800. They mention plans to run tests such as EFS, PLS, and GoF, and express gratitude for any recommendations. The conversation also touches upon other potential alternatives such as Matlab
Knowledge Sponge
My research requires using the multilevel structural equation model (MSEM). I've read countless articles related to MSEM and I have not been able to pinpoint the best program. They vary from SPSS, MPlus, SAS, LISREL, AMOS, R2, etc. Any recommendations? I've asked around my academic circle and can't get a clear answer. I currently have R2 and SAS but I was leaning towards SPSS or MPlus. This is an out of pocket expense and I don't want to purchase an ineffective program that can't handle the enormous amount of data.

Here's the basic information for my research:
3 levels
Nested within- and between-
Level 1- Group
Level 2- Confounding Variables = quantity 3
Level 3- Latent Variables = quantity 6
Data source is 33 Likert-type questions on a 5-point scale
Sample size range 250-800

I plan to run the following tests:
EFS: Bartlett's test, KMO anti-image correlation matrix RMSEA, SRMSRb and cut-off factor loading CA Culmulative variance.
PLS: loadings, cross-loadings, Fronell-Larcker criterion, CA, CR, and AVE.
GoF: R2, CFI, and TLI.
I will also calculate R2, f2, and Q2.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you looked at Matlab and any of its statistical toolboxes? The student price is reasonable.

Alternatives would be Octave, numerical Python, or Julia. Julia is interesting and can interoperate with other languages like C, R, Python and Fortran.

No, I am not familiar with Matlab. I will definitely look it up along with the other ones you recommended. Thank you very much!

1. What is MSEM?

MSEM stands for Master of Science in Engineering Management. It is a graduate degree program that combines engineering and business management principles to prepare students for leadership roles in technical organizations.

2. What are the key components of the MSEM program?

The MSEM program typically includes coursework in engineering, business, and management. It may also include hands-on projects, internships, and/or a thesis component.

3. What factors should students consider when choosing an MSEM program?

When choosing an MSEM program, students should consider factors such as the curriculum, faculty, accreditation, job placement rates, and opportunities for hands-on experience. They should also consider their career goals and the program's reputation in their desired industry.

4. What are some highly ranked MSEM programs?

Some highly ranked MSEM programs include Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, and Carnegie Mellon University. Other top programs include Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Michigan, and University of Texas at Austin.

5. How can I determine the best MSEM program for me?

The best MSEM program for you will depend on your individual needs and goals. It is important to research and compare different programs, visit campuses, and speak with current students and alumni to get a better understanding of the program and see if it aligns with your interests and career goals.

Back