How to Convert Reaction Rate from mol-1sec-1 to sec-1?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
piplaw
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Hi there. I have a reaction

A + B = C
I am told the reaction rate is 0.8/mol.min and I know how many molecules of A and B I have. So my question is how do I get to the reacting rate in units of time only?

The second part of the question is the same but for a dimerisation reaction.

A + A = A2

I also know the volume if that helps, though I am not sure you need it.

I am sure this is fairly simple but I seem to have had a complete brain fart and I'm going round in circles.

Thanks in advance

Phill



Thank

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Please elaborate.

By definition reaction rate is dC/dt, so it should be mol/s, not mol*s.
 
Thanks my reaction rate is given in mols-1s-1. Given the state of the system (i.e number of molecule of A and B) at a give time I am required to calculate the reaction rate in s-1