How to determine monthly deposits to reach a financial goal

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ank91901
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
ank91901
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hi everybody. I'm trying to figure out a somewhat confusing problem about savings accounts.
I want to save 96,000 over the span of 20 years (or 240 months). At the moment there is no money in the account. My account compounds interest monthly at a rate of .5%. How do I determine the amount of money I should be setting back every month to reach my goal?
In sum:
a_0=0
a_240= 96000
r=0.5%=.005
b=monthly deposits, so, how do I find b?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hi ank91901! :wink:

show us what you've tried and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile: