How to find the empirical formula of an unknown reactant?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coderhk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Formula
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Coderhk
Messages
59
Reaction score
2

Homework Statement


The problem is attached in uploads

Homework Equations


The periodic table, all other relevant info given in question

The Attempt at a Solution


Well, first I would attempt to convert all the products into moles so I can compare the more rations of the products. Firstly, the CO2 become 0.950 moles and H2O becomes 0.19 moles. After that I am completely lost. Thanks

Never mind I got it. Thanks anyways
 
Attachments
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Note: this kind of a problem is called "combustion analysis" and is quite common.