How to get latex to display when browsing

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter trekkiee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the speaker is asking for help with displaying latex code on math and physics forums. They mention having trouble with the code appearing as unreadable white marks against a black background. They usually try to piece together the code from written LaTex. They are directed to look for threads about this issue in the Forum Feedback section. Additionally, they are advised to upgrade to a more recent browser to avoid this issue.
trekkiee
Hi, I'm sure this has been asked many times before, and I tried to find a sticky for this, but can some1 please tell me the easiest way to get latex code to display properly when I'm browsing the math & physics forums? The code usually displays for me as unreadable white marks against a black gackground. I usually click on the code and then try and piece together what it's saying from the written LaTex code.

Thx in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
There are many threads about this in Forum Feedback. You can see some listed at the bottom of this thread.

trekkiee said:
Hi, I'm sure this has been asked many times before, and I tried to find a sticky for this, but can some1 please tell me the easiest way to get latex code to display properly when I'm browsing the math & physics forums? The code usually displays for me as unreadable white marks against a black gackground. I usually click on the code and then try and piece together what it's saying from the written LaTex code.

Thx in advance.
You are probably using a very old browser such as Internet Explorer v6. You need to upgrade to a more recent version.

1. What is LaTeX and why do I need it to display while browsing?

LaTeX is a typesetting system commonly used for creating scientific and technical documents. It allows for precise and professional formatting of mathematical equations and symbols. If you are viewing a document or webpage that contains mathematical expressions or formulas, you may need LaTeX to properly display them.

2. How do I enable LaTeX display in my browser?

The most common way to enable LaTeX display in your browser is to install a browser extension or add-on specifically designed for this purpose. Some popular options include MathJax, TeX The World, and LaTeX for Google Docs. These extensions will automatically render LaTeX code into readable equations when you visit a webpage or document containing them.

3. Can I use LaTeX in all browsers?

Yes, as long as you have a compatible browser extension installed, you can use LaTeX in any browser. However, some older browsers may not be compatible with certain extensions, so it is recommended to use a modern browser for the best experience.

4. Is LaTeX display free to use?

Yes, LaTeX display is completely free to use. The browser extensions and add-ons that enable LaTeX display are also free to download and use. However, some advanced features or customization options may require a paid subscription or donation to the developers.

5. Can I create my own LaTeX documents to display in my browser?

Yes, you can create your own LaTeX documents using a text editor or a specialized LaTeX editor. Once you have created your document, you can then upload it to a website or share it with others for them to view and display in their browsers using a LaTeX extension or add-on.