How to get the new Coordinate of an Polygon at angle X

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
abcplex
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Let say I have a triangle(polygon). I know all the co-ordinates of all points(x1,x2,x3,y1,y2,y3). Let say the polygon is inclined(at x3,y3) and it's angle is 30 degree. How to get the point x4, y4?

eUNAH.png
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
You have not given a clear problem statement at all. To start, you have not really stated what the coordinate directions x and y are. Then you speak of the polygon being inclined; do you mean that it is tipped out of its original plane? If so, it would seem that the implied original x and y coordinates no longer have any meaning at all.

I suggest you try all over again, being sure that we can tell what you intend to say.