How to Incorporate Generator and Load Grounding in Power Systems Analysis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hockeyadc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Power Systems
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
hockeyadc
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I've attached the problem as it is easier to understand/view the circuit outline this way.


Homework Equations


If/3 = Ea/Ztotal
Vag+=(If/3)*Ztotal(positive) +1
Vag-=(If/3)*Ztotal(negative)
Vag0-(If/3)*Ztotal(zero)




The Attempt at a Solution



I know how to complete part A, the positive, negative, and zero sequence networks. I also have this problem completed for a similar situation, but the generators and loads are not grounded(i.e. no Zg). The above equations were also used for the problem regarded them not grounded, so I'm not sure where the changes occur. If more detail/equations are need let me I know I will do the best I can to add what I have written down. (Its kinda tough putting these equations/ diagrams up in words)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry forgot to attach the problem. I've also attached a picture of what I have for part A. I believe this is correct, but again, this is what I've done when there was no Zg? So where does this Zg come into play? As well as the reactances for the generator?(X+.-.0)
 

Attachments

  • powersystems help.doc
    powersystems help.doc
    32 KB · Views: 300
  • Part A.jpg
    Part A.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
I really just need help determining where to put Zg for the generators and the loads...As in, how would I represent it within the positive, negative, and zero sequence networks? Then I can find my Ztotals for each and proceed.