1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to make a hologram by myself ?

1. Dec 11, 2005 #1
    I want to create a hologram by myself . How can I create it . I know that I need a laser a optic plate . But what is optic plate ? Can I make it by myself ?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2005 #2
  4. Dec 12, 2005 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I mentioned this book in a recent holography thread, but I'll mention it here again. Check out the Holography Handbook:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0...102-0646880-7300961?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

It has lots of practical tips for making your own holograms, including making your optical table with a sand table -- pretty creative. You'll still need a laser with a reasonable coherence length, but the rest of the stuff is easy to make or buy from Edmund Scientific, etc.

5. Dec 12, 2005 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  6. Dec 12, 2005 #5
    A few friends of mine did a Holography project for an experimental physics class last year. I'll see if I can find a copy of the paper for you.

7. Dec 12, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Hi, Chris. Welcome to PF, and thanks for the assist.

8. Dec 12, 2005 #7

Mk

It's Christastic.

9. Dec 13, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Do I care how ecstatic he is about being Chris? :tongue:

10. Dec 13, 2005 #9
    heheh, call me mud if you want to, what's in a name?

11. Dec 13, 2005 #10
    It need money to buy . I want something free . Do you have any free information on creating holograms

12. Dec 14, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

http://home.earthlink.net/~drestinblack/hologram.htm" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  13. Dec 14, 2005 #12
    I want to learn the tradisional way to make hologram but the link you recommend to me is not the tradisional way because it doesn't use laser . Do you have another link .

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook