How to not receive emails for conversation replies

• Thread starter PAllen
  • Start date
In summary, to stop receiving email notifications for replies to your conversations, adjust your email preferences in the settings section of the platform you are using. You can also selectively turn off email notifications for certain conversations through the settings section. Turning off email notifications will not affect your ability to view and respond to replies on the platform, and you can also disable email notifications for all conversations at once if the platform offers that option. You won't necessarily miss any important information by turning off email notifications, but you can adjust your preferences to receive emails for certain types of conversations or from specific users if desired.
PAllen
Science Advisor
as the title says. There are a bunch of setting for other email options, but I can't find a setting to turn off emails for conversation replies.

Physics news on Phys.org
Look under "contact details" on your profile page.

Thanks!

1. How can I stop receiving emails for replies to my conversations?

To stop receiving email notifications for replies to your conversations, you can adjust your email preferences in the settings section of the platform you are using. Look for an option to disable email notifications or adjust the frequency of notifications.

2. Can I selectively turn off email notifications for certain conversations?

Yes, you can usually choose which conversations you want to receive email notifications for. This option is typically available in the settings section of the platform where you can manage your email preferences.

3. Will I still be able to see replies if I turn off email notifications?

Yes, turning off email notifications for conversation replies will not affect your ability to view and respond to those replies on the platform. It will only stop emails from being sent to your inbox.

4. Is it possible to turn off email notifications for all conversations at once?

Yes, some platforms may offer the option to disable email notifications for all conversations through a single setting. Check the settings section or help/documentation for the platform you are using for more information.

5. If I turn off email notifications, will I miss any important information?

Not necessarily. You can still access all replies and conversations on the platform, so you won't miss any important information. However, if you are concerned about missing something, you may want to adjust your notification settings to receive emails for certain types of conversations or from specific users.