How to remove starter tag from your profile pic?

• Thread starter sameeralord
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the confusion regarding the "starter" label in the profile picture and its relation to post count. It was clarified that the label is present only in threads that the user has started, and it does not reflect their status as a beginner. Later, a humorous discussion about adding custom labels to profile pictures took place, with one user being given the title of "Supreme Omelette Sand Admiral" and another questioning the source of energy in magnets.
sameeralord
Hello everyone,

Why do I still have the "starter" label in my profile pic when I have over 600 posts. Just curious, nothing serious :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
You have it in all threads you started, and nowhere else. That's the meaning of the tag.

ok thanks lol, sorry I completely misunderstood I thought it was some beginner like tag based on post count :)

Likes OCR
LOL :smile:

Likes OCR
sameeralord said:
ok thanks lol, sorry I completely misunderstood I thought it was some beginner like tag based on post count :)

I've talked with the mentors and we've decided to add the tag "Beginner Physics Newb Level One" to your profile picture. Thanks for your understanding and participation here at Physics Forums! :-p

@OmCheeto, we've decided to add the tag "Supreme Omelette Sand Admiral" to yours. No relation to the title you held during your 6 months in the Arizona Navy.

Likes OmCheeto and Greg Bernhardt
Drakkith said:
I've talked with the mentors and we've decided to add the tag "Beginner Physics Newb Level One" to your profile picture. Thanks for your understanding and participation here at Physics Forums! :-p

@OmCheeto, we've decided to add the tag "Supreme Omelette Sand Admiral" to yours. No relation to the title you held during your 6 months in the Arizona Navy.

Actually, it was the Idaho Navy.
The following was my idea:

"She is driven by a state-of-the-art permanent-magnet..." [ref]

Likes Drakkith

What is a starter tag on a profile pic?

A starter tag on a profile pic is a small overlay or sticker that is typically added to a profile picture on social media platforms to show support for a cause or event, or to promote a brand or product.

How do I remove a starter tag from my profile pic?

The process for removing a starter tag from your profile pic depends on the platform you are using. Generally, you can click on the tag and select the option to remove it. Alternatively, you may need to go to your profile settings and delete the tag from there.

Can I remove a starter tag from someone else's profile pic?

No, you cannot remove a starter tag from someone else's profile pic. Only the owner of the profile can remove the tag. However, you can untag yourself from a photo or ask the owner to remove the tag for you.

Will removing a starter tag delete the original photo?

No, removing a starter tag will not delete the original photo. It will simply remove the tag overlay from the photo. If you want to remove the entire photo, you will need to delete it separately.

Can I customize my own starter tag for my profile pic?

It depends on the platform you are using. Some social media platforms allow users to create and add their own starter tags to their profile pics, while others only offer pre-made starter tags. You may need to check the platform's guidelines and terms of use before creating and adding a custom starter tag.