1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to simulate a graph in Comsol Script?

1. Dec 25, 2008 #1
    I personally inform that i still beginner in Comsol Script. I wanted to learn about the comsol, how to simulate the graph. I tried plot(x,y). but i need to use this function simulate(Ss1,(U1,U2)). But at the end, it show Syntax error.
    Heres the details of the code:

Ks = 600000; %spring stiffness of the car
    M = 1200; %mass of the car
    KST = 15000000; % New value for spring stiffness
    MH = 48; % Constant value of the car.

A = [0 1 0 0 ; (-Ks+KST)/MH -Kv/MH -Ks/MH Kv/MH; 0 0 0 1; Ks/M Kv/M -Ks/M -Kv/M];
    B= [0 0; KST/MH -1/MH; 0 0; 0 1/M];
    C = [1 0 0 0; 0 0 1 0; 0 1 0 0; 0 0 0 1];
    D = [0 0; 0 0; 0 0; 0 0];
    Ss1 = ss(A, B, C, D);
    T = [0:0.01:10]';
    S1 = zeros(size(T));
    S2 = 3000*ones(size(T));
    U1 = sig(S1, T);
    U2 = sig(S2, T);
    simulate(Ss1,(U1, U2))

From the beginning, i type all the code together. can when it comes to U1=sig(S1,T);
    it shows Error: SIG constructor: Length of t must equal number of rows in y
    sig.sig 96 error('SIG constructor: Length of t must equal number of rows in y')

until the end i couldn't get the graph. How can i get the graph done? how to modify the sig code? i have no idea. i tried many times already. those who know. plz take a look. Help me plz. Thx in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 2, 2009 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you checked you've your pointwise and matrix acting operators (* & .*) in order & dimensions of different elements going about ok?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook