How to Solve Basic Physics Problems: Tips and Tricks for Slope, Angles, and More

In summary, the person is seeking help on some physics homework problems and has solved a few of them, but needs tips for the remaining ones. They also ask for help with calculating some answers and converting slope into degrees.
asdfsystema
Basic Physics HW help (URGENT)

2q9c4ns.jpg

hey guys. i would like some help on these couple of problems.

i solved #1 , the answer is 26.24 i think.
for #5 a) the answer is 269.38.

Can you give me some tips for 2,6,7,8 ? I need some help on those >< please its urgent.,

THANKS in advance

Physics news on Phys.org

Is #6 sin(29)*308 ?? can anyone calculate that for me

Last edited:

is #7 38.2857428 ? please help this is urgent

asdfsystema said:
hey guys. i would like some help on these couple of problems.

i solved #1 , the answer is 26.24 i think.
for #5 a) the answer is 269.38.

Can you give me some tips for 2,6,7,8 ? I need some help on those >< please its urgent.,

THANKS in advance

Your answer to question #1 is correct.
Did you attempt question #2? I'd like to compare answers.

Last edited:

i didnt get an answer for #2 (not a right one at least, i checked)

asdfsystema said:
i didnt get an answer for #2 (not a right one at least, i checked)

What did you get?

i plugged it into the slope formula (y2-y1/x2-x1)
and that's 9.2--10/-10-9.2 but I am not sure if its correct

asdfsystema said:
i plugged it into the slope formula (y2-y1/x2-x1)
and that's 9.2--10/-10-9.2 but I am not sure if its correct

The question asked for the answer in degrees.
hmmm... I suppose the slope can be converted into degrees, but it has been 23 years since I've studied my trigonometric identities.

I think it would be easier to just draw a triangle and figure out the angle using the proper trigonometric function based on whichever two sides you pick.

Related to How to Solve Basic Physics Problems: Tips and Tricks for Slope, Angles, and More

1. What is the definition of basic physics?

Basic physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It seeks to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world.

2. What are some common topics covered in basic physics homework?

Some common topics in basic physics homework include motion, forces, energy, waves, and electricity. These concepts are foundational to understanding more complex physics principles.

3. How do I solve basic physics problems?

The key to solving basic physics problems is to understand the underlying concepts and apply the relevant equations and formulas. It is important to break down the problem into smaller, more manageable steps and to pay attention to units and significant figures.

4. What are some real-world applications of basic physics?

Basic physics has many real-world applications, from designing bridges and buildings to developing new technologies such as smartphones and renewable energy sources. Understanding basic physics can also help us comprehend natural phenomena such as weather patterns and the movement of celestial bodies.

5. What resources are available for additional help with basic physics?

There are many resources available for students seeking additional help with basic physics. These include textbooks, online tutorials and videos, study groups, and tutoring services. It is also beneficial to seek help from your instructor or teaching assistant if you are struggling with a specific concept.