How to Synthesize C6H5D from Benzene: A Creative Approach

  • Thread starter Thread starter kchemistry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Benzene
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
kchemistry
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Hey guys,

Our prof gave us a random question for our lab report: how do you get C6H5D from benzene? We've never gone over this rxn, and I can't find it in the text or online. I can't think of a way for benzene to substitute like that.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


 
Physics news on Phys.org
Although you probably won't easily find this reaction online etc. - I guess it's not a thing anyone often needs to do - it's an exercise for some controlled creativity using reactions that you have done or can find online. Not a unique answer I would say, but some might be better than others.