Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to turn off the share sidebar

1. Sep 22, 2014 #1

Strilanc

Science Advisor

The new "share" sidebar is very annoying to me. It waits a few seconds then jumps out to make you notice it. Every. Single. Page. View.

Is there a way to turn it off? Apparently it can be done forum-wide, but a personal setting works fine too.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2014 #2

DataGG

Gold Member

I don't know what you're talking about, because I block those things in every page via browser add-ons.

I could recommend some browser add-ons for you, if you're interested? What browser are you using?

4. Sep 23, 2014 #3

Strilanc

Science Advisor

I'm using Chrome.

(Well, technically I also use Firefox but on Firefox I have noscript installed and it transparently blocks it. And if it didn't I'd use remove-it-permanently.)

5. Sep 23, 2014 #4
    I can disable it for members

6. Sep 23, 2014 #5

DataGG

Gold Member

In chrome you've an add-on called "HTTP Switchboard". It's the best Ad-on I've ever used, in any browser. It's kind of like Noscript. Give it a try!! Also, for an adblocker, use ublock (microblock, mublock). Much better than* adblock plus.

Let me know what you think.

*Thank you Dembadon :P

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  7. Sep 23, 2014 #6

Strilanc

Science Advisor

Sounds good to me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook