How we know cats are evil and dogs are devils

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dogs
In summary, the conversation revolved around various stories and anecdotes related to animals, including a cat and dog killing a baby wild turkey, a cat making a bed out of a computer bag, and the challenges of keeping pets safe in a busy and potentially dangerous environment. Some participants shared their experiences with their own pets, such as catching mice and dealing with ticks. One participant also mentioned a humorous incident involving their pets and a dead mouse. Another participant shared a story about their dog and cat getting into a fight. Overall, the conversation touched on the joys and challenges of owning and caring for animals.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The animal complaint thread. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Yesterday began with Bun and the neighbor cat killing one of the baby wild turkeys. :cry: :cry: :cry: Poor mom was running around squawking while the kitties had their evil way with the by then defunct fowl.

Now she has decided to make a bed of my new computer bag. Presently she is pulling out burrs and spitting about every other one into the bag. And my customers are really impressed with the gray hair stuck to the outside. :uhh:

Once upon a time, we caught two of our dogs playing tug-of-war with our beloved kitty Einstein. I got there just in time; just before they ripped him in two.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank heavens we saintly humans are usually there to intervene. o:) Nature would be such a mess without us.

Hey, at least I don't eat dead things in the livingroom.

Well, actually I do... Okay, my fault; bad example.

Benji is 12yrs old now but still alert as ever, he tells mom and dad i am comming and they have the door open by the time i arrive, as soon as i get out of the car i have these great paws digging into my shoulders and a wet tongue liking my face, i am sure he can predict my arrival and licks some thing else first :yuck:

We have two cats and one dog (a Yorkie), and we keep them inside. We live on a busy street and have seen two many dead animals on the road - including at cat who was killed last year. I heard the car break and the thud, before the car drove off leaving the cat on the road. I went outside to retrieve it. :mad:

The few times our female cat (Misty) got outside, she had to be retrieved from a tree - about 25+ feet up. The first time, I was out of town and my wife had to call a tree service ($120) to get the cat out of the tree. The other two times, I was in town, and I have to climb the tree - a 30 ft spruce tree with lots of branches. Fortunately, Misty came to me and I put her in my shirt while I climbed down.

Besides the traffic, we have to deal with ticks and the potential for Lyme disease.

Our cats are good mousers, and occasionally we find a present in the kitchen, living room, dining room or bedroom. The last time, I was awoken by a strange meowing and I thought a cat was going to throw up. Instead, I saw the cat sitting there on the bedroom floor looking at what I thought was a large hairball. Well it was an almost dead mouse - so I removed it to the back yard for the owls or crows to finish off.

The dog would occasionally catch a chipmunk, but lately they have been much smarter and get out of the way. She never quite gets to the squirrels. We have the dog tethered so she has a diameter of about 24 feet in which she can run around the backyard.

Ivan - it helps to have cats the same size as the dog(s). It's a bit more sporting when they are equal size. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Ivan - it helps to have cats the same size as the dog(s). It's a bit more sporting when they are equal size. :biggrin:
Except that throws the balance. Cats have a big edge with those razor-sharp, retractable claws.

Ivan Seeking said:
Hey, at least I don't eat dead things in the livingroom.

Well, actually I do... Okay, my fault; bad example.
:rofl:

Why were the dogs attacking Einstein? Did he try to move in on someone's food dish?

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl:

Why were the dogs attacking Einstein? Did he try to move in on someone's food dish?

No, apparently he just looked like something that needed to be pulled apart.

The dogs were still puppies ~ 1 year or less I think.

1. How did scientists determine that cats are evil and dogs are devils?

Scientists have not determined that cats are evil and dogs are devils. This statement is not backed by any scientific evidence and is simply a stereotype. Cats and dogs both exhibit a wide range of behaviors, and it is unfair to label them as inherently good or evil.

2. What traits do cats possess that make them evil?

Cats are not inherently evil. They are independent and often aloof creatures, which may give off the impression of being mischievous or cunning. However, this is simply their natural behavior and does not make them evil.

3. Do dogs have any qualities that make them devils?

No, dogs are not devils. Like cats, they may exhibit behaviors that humans may perceive as negative, such as barking or chewing on furniture. However, these behaviors are often a result of inadequate training or socialization, not because they are inherently evil.

4. Are there any studies that support the claim that cats are evil and dogs are devils?

No, there are no scientific studies that support this claim. In fact, studies have shown that pet ownership, regardless of the type of pet, can have numerous physical and mental health benefits for humans.

5. Is it fair to label an entire species as evil or a devil?

No, it is not fair to label any animal as inherently good or evil. Just like humans, animals have individual personalities and behaviors that may vary. It is important to treat each animal as an individual and not make assumptions based on stereotypes.

Back