Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How we know cats are evil and dogs are devils

1. Jul 4, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The animal complaint thread. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Yesterday began with Bun and the neighbor cat killing one of the baby wild turkeys. :cry: :cry: :cry: Poor mom was running around squawking while the kitties had their evil way with the by then defunct fowl.

Now she has decided to make a bed of my new computer bag. Presently she is pulling out burrs and spitting about every other one into the bag. And my customers are really impressed with the gray hair stuck to the outside. :uhh:

Once upon a time, we caught two of our dogs playing tug-of-war with our beloved kitty Einstein. I got there just in time; just before they ripped him in two. :surprised

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2006 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thank heavens we saintly humans are usually there to intervene. o:) Nature would be such a mess without us.

4. Jul 4, 2006 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey, at least I don't eat dead things in the livingroom.

Well, actually I do... Okay, my fault; bad example.

5. Jul 4, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Benji is 12yrs old now but still alert as ever, he tells mom and dad i am comming and they have the door open by the time i arrive, as soon as i get out of the car i have these great paws digging into my shoulders and a wet tongue liking my face, i am sure he can predict my arrival and licks some thing else first :yuck:

6. Jul 4, 2006 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

We have two cats and one dog (a Yorkie), and we keep them inside. We live on a busy street and have seen two many dead animals on the road - including at cat who was killed last year. I heard the car break and the thud, before the car drove off leaving the cat on the road. I went outside to retrieve it. :mad:

The few times our female cat (Misty) got outside, she had to be retrieved from a tree - about 25+ feet up. The first time, I was out of town and my wife had to call a tree service ($120) to get the cat out of the tree. The other two times, I was in town, and I have to climb the tree - a 30 ft spruce tree with lots of branches. Fortunately, Misty came to me and I put her in my shirt while I climbed down.

Besides the traffic, we have to deal with ticks and the potential for Lyme disease.

Our cats are good mousers, and occasionally we find a present in the kitchen, living room, dining room or bedroom. The last time, I was awoken by a strange meowing and I thought a cat was going to throw up. Instead, I saw the cat sitting there on the bedroom floor looking at what I thought was a large hairball. Well it was an almost dead mouse - so I removed it to the back yard for the owls or crows to finish off.

The dog would occasionally catch a chipmunk, but lately they have been much smarter and get out of the way. She never quite gets to the squirrels. We have the dog tethered so she has a diameter of about 24 feet in which she can run around the backyard.

Ivan - it helps to have cats the same size as the dog(s). It's a bit more sporting when they are equal size. :biggrin:

7. Jul 4, 2006 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Except that throws the balance. Cats have a big edge with those razor-sharp, retractable claws.

8. Jul 4, 2006 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

Why were the dogs attacking Einstein? Did he try to move in on someone's food dish?

9. Jul 4, 2006 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, apparently he just looked like something that needed to be pulled apart.

The dogs were still puppies ~ 1 year or less I think.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?