How'd you find about this website?

• Thread starter ainster31
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around how different members found this site through Google and how they were impressed with the breadth and depth of knowledge and expertise on this forum. They also discuss how they have stayed on the forum for a long time, as well as their interests and contributions to different forums. Additionally, they express gratitude for each other's contributions and the overall community of the forum.
ainster31
I came across this site from googling physics questions from the textbook.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't remember. I'm sure I found it on google somehow.

Invitation.

I wanted to ask a question about physics and so I googled physics forum :)

phinds said:
why does it matter ?

Greg probably is interested how his site is growing as it allows him to emphasize those parts or at least make sure not to remove them.

I found the site back in 2003 looking for discussions of "string theory". This forum had the best and most active discussions on a wide range of subjects, so I stayed.

Evo said:
I found the site back in 2003 looking for discussions of "string theory". This forum had the best and most active discussions on a wide range of subjects, so I stayed.

And we're all very glad you did :smile:

I had an idea for tunneling electrons through c, and found the PF with Google. I saw pretty quickly that my idea was not unique, and why it wouldn't work. I was impressed with the breadth and depth of expertise and knowledge here, so I stayed. I also found that I could help in the EE forum and in the HH forums, and I enjoyed that. :smile:

berkeman said:
I was impressed with the breadth and depth of expertise and knowledge here, so I stayed. I also found that I could help in the EE forum and in the HH forums, and I enjoyed that. :smile:
It seems like only yesterday when you joined. I'm glad you stayed as I've learn much from you. :approve:

dlgoff said:
It seems like only yesterday when you joined. I'm glad you stayed as I've learn much from you. :approve:

Thanks Don. You being a Science Advisor, you know what I mean. :smile:

What is this website about?

This website is a platform for scientific research and collaboration. It allows scientists from different fields to share their findings, discuss ideas, and build on each other's work.

How can I join this website?

To become a member of this website, you must be a scientist or a researcher and have a valid email address. You can sign up for an account by clicking on the "Join" button on the homepage and following the instructions.

How do I search for specific topics or researchers on this website?

There is a search bar on the top of the homepage where you can type in keywords or researcher names to find relevant information. You can also use the filters on the search results page to narrow down your search.

Can I share my own research on this website?

Yes, this website encourages its members to share their research and collaborate with other scientists. You can upload your findings, data, and publications to your profile and share them with the community.

Is there a fee to use this website?

No, this website is free to use for all scientists and researchers. However, there may be fees associated with certain features, such as publishing in a journal or attending a conference organized by the website.