HP Pavilion zx5000 with WSXGA+ screen ordered after eBay search failed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Laptop
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 3K views
Chen
Messages
976
Reaction score
1
After a lot of thinking and eBaying I finally gave up and ordered a customized laptop directly from HP. I tried to buy one on eBay from a reseller, but no one had the configuration I was after. Specifically, I couldn't find any models with the WSXGA+ screen which is absolutely a must. So here's what I ended up ordering:

HP Pavilion zx5000 series customize notebook
- Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.20 GHz w/HT
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional-only $49!
- 1.0GB DDR SDRAM (2x512MB)
- 60 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
- DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
- 54g(TM) Integrated Broadcom 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
- 15.4" WVA WSXGA+ (1680x1050)
- 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) 9600
- Microsoft(R) Works/Money
- 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- hpshopping in-box envelope
$1,922 after mail-in rebate.

Basically this should be a huge improvement over my current Compaq Evo P4-M 1.6Ghz and 2x256MB... at least I hope so, because that thing is soooo slow.

Yay me.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Those specs are pretty sweet.

My next laptop would definitely weigh around 2-3 pounds with wireless capability and dvd. Nothing fancy schmanzy.
 
Portability wasn't really a factor for me, the laptop is stationary most of the time. But if you're into ultraportables, check this out:
http://www.dynamism.com/x505/main.shtml
Just don't drool over your keyboard. :biggrin:
 
Heh - I usually link people to that site. I was unaware that people aside from myself and a few others knew that site existed.

Desktop replacements are extremely popular these days.
 
so are you just rubbing this in or what? I think you should share the laptop with the rest of us =)
 
So, how many hours do you get off the battery? 2, 3 hours?
 
If I cared about battery life I would have gotten a Centrino or a Dothan. But I don't. Anyway, I'm supposed to get something around 4 hours I think? I got the 12 cell battery instead of the 8. But in about year it will probably drop to around 2.5 hours.

It's on its way now:
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracki...6&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us
HP predicted shipment on the 10th but looks like it's going to arrive early. HP++. :smile:
 
HP++.

It's supposed to be...

Company

+hp

For example:

Shrek

+hp

Chrysler

+hp

Physicsforums

+hp

You

+hp
 
This thing will overheat soon and die very fast.
 
This thing will overheat soon and die very fast.

Then he can send it back, and HP can send him a new one.