HTML or something code for equations displays

• Thread starter itfitmewelltoo
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is experiencing difficulty with the display of equations on the Android app for the website, specifically involving formatting code for sets of operators. They have not tried accessing the website from other devices or browsers and it is mentioned that LaTeX does not work on the mobile app, but does work on the mobile version of standard web browsers.
itfitmewelltoo
I am not sure where to ask this. Here seems the least intrusive.

I have the Android app. I get the following displayed for equations.

"Every set of operators ##\{A_n \}_n## where ##n=1,...,N##..."

It's a lot of some sort of formatting code. It makes the equations unreadable. And the math is everything

Is there a solution?

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you show us the "some sort of formatting code"?

"Every set of operators {An}n" role="presentation" style="display: inline-block; line-height: 0; font-size: 18.08px; word-wrap: normal; white-space: nowrap; float: none; direction: ltr; max-width: none; max-height: none; min-width: 0px; min-height: 0px; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 1px 0px; font-family: "PT Sans", san-serif; position: relative;">{An}n{An}n where n=1,...,N" role="presentation" style="display: inline-block; line-height: 0; font-size: 18.08px; word-wrap: normal; white-space: nowrap; float: none; direction: ltr; max-width: none; max-height: none; min-width: 0px; min-height: 0px; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 1px 0px; font-family: "PT Sans", san-serif; position: relative;">n=1,...,Nn=1,...,N..."

I take it that this is a web page you are looking at.
Do you have problems with other web pages?
Have you tried to look at that page with other browsers - perhaps from a laptop?

Greg Bernhardt said:
LaTeX does not work in the mobile apps, we apologize
I suspected it may be LaTeX. This is quite unfortunate. Thank you

Greg Bernhardt said:
LaTeX does not work in the mobile apps
More precisely, it doesn't work in the PF apps. It does work fine if you skip the apps and use a mobile version of at least some of the standard web browsers to access PF. On my iPhone, PF's LaTeX works fine on both Safari and Firefox, the only two browsers that I've tried.

Latex also displays fine on the Samsung web browser on my Samsung Galaxy phone.

1. What is HTML code for equations displays?

HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language and it is used to create and format web pages. There is no specific HTML code for equations displays, but you can use different tags and attributes to display mathematical equations on a web page.

2. How can I display equations using HTML?

You can use the <math> tag to display mathematical equations in HTML. This tag supports a variety of mathematical symbols and operators. You can also use the <sub> and <sup> tags to display subscripts and superscripts respectively.

3. Is it possible to use LaTeX code for equations in HTML?

Yes, you can use LaTeX code for equations in HTML by using the <script> tag with the attribute type="text/x-mathjax-config". This will allow you to write equations in LaTeX syntax and have them rendered on your web page.

4. How can I align equations in HTML?

You can align equations in HTML using the <table> tag and its associated attributes such as align and valign. You can also use CSS to align equations by setting the text-align property to center, right, or left.

5. Are there any libraries or tools for displaying equations in HTML?

Yes, there are several libraries and tools available for displaying equations in HTML. Some popular ones include MathJax, KaTeX, and MathML. These libraries offer various features such as cross-browser compatibility, support for different mathematical notations, and accessibility options.