Hydrostatic force and center of pressure on a 10m equilateral plate

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
SheCanBuild
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Please explain how I calc the hydrostatic force and it's location on the plate.


Above the drawing is says:
A 10m equlateral plate under water
Assume 60 degrees F

I clicked on 'Manage Attatchments' to upload the drawing. Give me a minute to do it another way if it won't show up.
Thanks,
RonelleNote: I couldn't use AutoCAD to draw it because it wouldn't show up on the boards, so I had to use a paint program so please excuse the unaligned flubs and stuff...I doubt my 50 degree is 50 degrees either
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How do i use html? just past the code or do i need to be in a different mode? http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/844417/Image2.jpg
lol we'll see

Fixed your link, SheCanBuild

-enigma
 
Last edited by a moderator: