I am doing a measurement in a system S with the apparatus A, in an

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter StarsRuler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Measurement System
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
StarsRuler
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
I am doing a measurement in a system S with the apparatus A, in an entorn E. If the system is at [STRIKE]t0[/STRIKE] in Sithe measurement of the apparatus will be, after the decoherence time
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Is that a question? The state of the apparatus will depend on the interaction with the system.
What is "entorn"? Google suggest "environment", translated from catalan.
 


I don´t understand why the collapse of the wavefunction and the measure increase entropy. I start with a quantum system S and an aparattus A. The initial state of [ S+A ] is [(c_1|s_1>+c_2|s_2>+...)|a_0> ] and after the decoherence implies than apparatus end with a density operator [ p_1|1><a_1|+p_2|a_2><a_2|] where [p_n=|c_n|^2] ...His entropy goes up by shannon entropy to [-(p_1 ln (p_1)+p_2 ln (p_2)+...] that is [S>0] , in the premeasurement. But when collapse occurs , the final state of apparatus is [|a_n><a_n|] , for a random [n] , then it has entropy [S=0] . The entropy goes down and the same occurs to the system. Then why it is said that entropy goes up in a measurement?