1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I am just about to go into my exam year, what do I expect?

1. Jun 1, 2017 #1
    Hi, I am just oging into Physics exam year and I am curious what I should expect in the course (High School) I am just wondering ifanyone knows and would be kind enough to help me with this? Thank you to anyone who does.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 1, 2017 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, but what is "Physics exam year"?

4. Jun 1, 2017 #3
    Pretty much its what I call for when I am about to go into Exams in the same year, sorry.

5. Jun 1, 2017 #4

Drakkith

Sorry again, but I don't quite understand. Do you not have exams for every class every year? Is your school in the U.S.?

6. Jun 1, 2017 #5

jtbell

Different countries do different things in high school. Even "high school" means different things in different countries!

I understand that many people don't want to tell their location for privacy reasons. However, in discussions like this, it really helps to know what country we're dealing with, at least.

[added] OK, in one of your other posts you mention "National 5 Physics (SQA)" so I Googled it and it appears to be a UK thing. Fortunately we do have some people here who are acquainted or familiar with the UK system, so hopefully one of them will pop in. Carry on!

7. Jun 2, 2017 #6
    If it's to do with the UK as said above, it depends on your exam board. Do all the exam past papers
    http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm?subject=Physics&level= <-- for national 5
    and make sure you know everything in the textbook. You can also look at the exam specification to find out what they can test you on.

This is what you need to do in terms of exam technuique. Is this what you are looking for or no? let us know :).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted