I am learning in french and the topic is DEMARRAGE DES MOTEURS in

  • Thread starter Thread starter evra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Topic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
evra
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
i am learning in french and the topic is DEMARRAGE DES MOTEURS in french and i want someone to help me in suggesting a good book for me in english because i can understand it in enlish more than in french..

thank u..
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Judging by your command of English, I don't think you'll find a translation any easier. Why are you learning in French? Is it to give you a better command of French? Then the point isn't the topic, it's learning French.
 


look... u are adding me stress... a book in English would do better than your judgement. Please if u think or know that u don't know a book on MOTORS don't reply..

Thank you and i am sorry if i am hurting anyone..
 


Angry Citizen said:
Judging by your command of English, I don't think you'll find a translation any easier. Why are you learning in French? Is it to give you a better command of French? Then the point isn't the topic, it's learning French.
Frankly, I met many people worldwide with a not so good command of English, however they seemed to get by academically just fine. I don't see the point in going out of context here.@ Thread starter: you're looking for a book on Electrical Machines (the course title is not that clear) ?

@ Moderators: please move this topic to the "Science Book Discussion" sub-forum.
 


Frankly, I met many people worldwide with a not so good command of English, however they seemed to get by academically just fine. I don't see the point in going out of context here.

It's not his command of English that I'm curious about, it's his willful disregard for the properties of language. At issue here is his seeming inability to translate a text from French to (presumably) his native English. His native English is clearly lacking, so the point of this thread escapes me.

However:

A cursory search of amazon and google doesn't even show the existence of the book. Who is the author?
 


Angry Citizen said:
It's not his command of English that I'm curious about, it's his willful disregard for the properties of language. At issue here is his seeming inability to translate a text from French to (presumably) his native English. His native English is clearly lacking, so the point of this thread escapes me.

However:

A cursory search of amazon and google doesn't even show the existence of the book. Who is the author?

I would second respecting the punctuation and language rules, but you know,, its a secondary issue.
The reason that nothing on search engines comes up, is that the course title is really weird and unusual.
 


thanks to PHYSIKER. @ angry whatever, that is not the name of a book, its only a topic in a the course called AUTOMATISME (in french), so i was thinking that it would be wise to get a book that will treat that part(demarrage des moteurs) in english as i got one for Digital Electronics when i was doing it.