Hi, At present, I am learning about Switched-mode power supply and Lo

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
anhnha
Messages
179
Reaction score
1
Hi,

At present, I am learning about Switched-mode power supply and Low drop out regulator using CMOS.
Could anyone suggest some good books about this?
The main problem here is "using CMOS".
Thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
The best book about SMPS is this one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0123865336/?tag=pfamazon01-20
And the sample chapter
http://booksite.elsevier.com/samplechapters/9780750679701/9780750679701.PDF
As for LDO regulator I cannot help because I'm not IC designer.
But have you try to use a Google?
http://www.ing.unibs.it/~richelli/matpdsia/ldo6.pdf
http://www.iaeng.org/publication/IMECS2010/IMECS2010_pp1200-1204.pdf
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~lbu01/public_files/CMOS_Regulator_Final_Paper.pdf
http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~rincon/publicat/journals/unpub/ldo_des.pdf
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
I have the first book while reading your post a long time ago. I understood more about inductors and capacitors.
However, it doesn't use CMOS in SMPS.
About LDO, I wanted to get advice from experts first.
 
What do you mean by saying "However, it doesn't use CMOS in SMPS"?
You want a book about designing CMOS SMPS controller ?
 
I meant the books teaching how to design SMPS using CMOS technology.
I think something similar to this one:
http://www.vrg.utoronto.ca/~ngwt/Publications/POWER%20ELECTRONICS%20-%20International%20Symposium/Integrated%20Power%20Stages.pdf