I am learning in french and the topic is DEMARRAGE DES MOTEURS in

• Thread starter evra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Topic
In summary: Thread starter: you're looking for a book on Electrical Machines (the course title is not that clear)? @ Moderators: please move this topic to the "Science Book Discussion" sub-forum.In summary, you are looking for a book on Electrical Machines, which is a course title that is not very clear. You may want to try looking for a book on Digital Electronics, since that is also a course that you are taking.
evra
i am learning in french and the topic is DEMARRAGE DES MOTEURS in french and i want someone to help me in suggesting a good book for me in english because i can understand it in enlish more than in french..

thank u..

Physics news on Phys.org

Judging by your command of English, I don't think you'll find a translation any easier. Why are you learning in French? Is it to give you a better command of French? Then the point isn't the topic, it's learning French.

look... u are adding me stress... a book in English would do better than your judgement. Please if u think or know that u don't know a book on MOTORS don't reply..

Thank you and i am sorry if i am hurting anyone..

Angry Citizen said:
Judging by your command of English, I don't think you'll find a translation any easier. Why are you learning in French? Is it to give you a better command of French? Then the point isn't the topic, it's learning French.
Frankly, I met many people worldwide with a not so good command of English, however they seemed to get by academically just fine. I don't see the point in going out of context here.@ Thread starter: you're looking for a book on Electrical Machines (the course title is not that clear) ?

@ Moderators: please move this topic to the "Science Book Discussion" sub-forum.

ye Electrical Machines

Frankly, I met many people worldwide with a not so good command of English, however they seemed to get by academically just fine. I don't see the point in going out of context here.

It's not his command of English that I'm curious about, it's his willful disregard for the properties of language. At issue here is his seeming inability to translate a text from French to (presumably) his native English. His native English is clearly lacking, so the point of this thread escapes me.

However:

A cursory search of amazon and google doesn't even show the existence of the book. Who is the author?

Angry Citizen said:
It's not his command of English that I'm curious about, it's his willful disregard for the properties of language. At issue here is his seeming inability to translate a text from French to (presumably) his native English. His native English is clearly lacking, so the point of this thread escapes me.

However:

A cursory search of amazon and google doesn't even show the existence of the book. Who is the author?

I would second respecting the punctuation and language rules, but you know,, its a secondary issue.
The reason that nothing on search engines comes up, is that the course title is really weird and unusual.

thanks to PHYSIKER. @ angry whatever, that is not the name of a book, its only a topic in a the course called AUTOMATISME (in french), so i was thinking that it would be wise to get a book that will treat that part(demarrage des moteurs) in english as i got one for Digital Electronics when i was doing it.

1. What is the meaning of "demarrage des moteurs" in French?

"Demarrage des moteurs" is a French phrase that translates to "engine start" or "motor startup" in English. It refers to the process of starting an engine or motor to make it run.

2. What are the different methods used for starting engines in French?

In French, there are several methods for starting engines, including electric starters, pull starters, and hand cranks. Electric starters are the most commonly used method, which involves using an electric motor to turn the engine over.

3. What are the key components involved in the demarrage des moteurs process?

The key components involved in engine start-up include the battery, starter motor, ignition system, fuel system, and engine sensors. These components work together to initiate and sustain the engine's combustion process.

4. What are some common issues that can occur during demarrage des moteurs?

Some common issues that can occur during engine start-up include a dead battery, faulty starter motor, clogged fuel filter, or issues with the ignition system. These issues can prevent the engine from starting or cause it to malfunction.

5. How can I troubleshoot issues with demarrage des moteurs in French?

If you encounter issues with engine start-up in French, you can troubleshoot by checking the battery and connections, testing the starter motor, inspecting the fuel system, and checking for any error codes in the engine's computer system. If the issue persists, it is best to consult a mechanic or technician for further assistance.