gravenewworld
- 1,129
- 27
and if you have seen this before SHHHHHHHHHHHhhh! Posters, don't spoil it in a response please.
Last edited by a moderator:
gravenewworld said:
and if you have seen this before SHHHHHHHHHHHhhh!
Posters, don't spoil it in a response please.

MIH said:I study cognitive psychology so I've seen this done many different ways in experiments on inattentional blindness. The most interesting one, I have seen is this:
TheStatutoryApe said:I
Sorry MIH but not all men prefer blondes ;-p , or even large hood ornaments for that matter. Unfortunately that brunette looks to be about 15. :-/
B. Elliott said:A timeless concept!
Math Is Hard said:
Or maybe have all males that one by one drop off screen and are replaced by similarly dressed females.Math Is Hard said:This experiment has been done over and over and over and over..
sometimes it's a person in a gorilla suit. sometimes it's a person with an umbrella. The "count the basketball passes" experimental paradigm is pretty standard.
Would be kind of interesting to try it with a sexy girl/guy walking through the scene and see if it makes any difference.
MIH said:Here is a video on the attention system and things we miss:
I know.MIH said:and I could care less about brunettes or blondes. It was a joke.
mattmns said:I didn't think her breasts were fake, but I will agree that her hair (the "blonde") looks horrible.
The OP is really old in some sense: isn't this a really old concept (the basketballs and gorilla)?