I can't believe it's a yogurt store

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
We have a new frozen yogurt shop that just opened in the village next to my campus. Everyone has been very excited about the grand opening - low fat, cool, delicious sweet treats! Yay!! So we took a trek over there this week to check it out.

Well, they had quite a selection of toppings- fruits, syrups, and everything you would expect - but only two flavors of frozen yogurt. So, I know you're thinking, "that's not so bad, MIH, what are you going on about?"

Well, here's the deal.... what do you suppose the flavors were.. chocolate and vanilla? Rasberry swirl and chocolate chip?

NO!!!! The only two flavors on the menu were.. are you ready..? ...

PLAIN AND TOMATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

And, by plain, I don't mean plain vanilla, mind you. I mean plain yogurt. As in "tastes like sour cream".
And I've got nothing against tomatoes. Heck, I love 'em on a salad. But the last thing I think of is pureeing them up with some plain yogurt and dumping them in a cone with some chocolate syrup and whipped cream on top.

Has the world gone MAD??!!??

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

And, by plain, I don't mean plain vanilla, mind you. I mean plain yogurt. As in "tastes like sour cream".
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You've got to be kidding!! That's disgusting!

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
And they are SO PROUD of their yogurt! They have big beaming smiles and beg you to try a sample. What a disappointment!

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Did you look around for the hidden camera?

It must have been a set up.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Did you look around for the hidden camera?

It must have been a set up.
hmm.. well, it is in Los Angeles. Could have been for a TV show. We'll see how long it lasts.

Tomato frozen yogurt... hmmm, no thanks!!
I read a review on the place. Someone said that eating the frozen tomato yogurt was "like licking frozen V8 juice". mmmmmmmmmmmm

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Eewwwwww!!!! What were they thinking? I hope they go out of business quickly...they deserve nothing less. :yuck:

Gees guys it sounds like it would go great with a piece of green tomato pie.:tongue2:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Eewwwwww!!!! What were they thinking? I hope they go out of business quickly...they deserve nothing less. :yuck:
On top of everything else, they opened the shop right around the corner from a nice little gelato place. Of course the gelato is more fattening, but it's delicious and they have about 25 flavors to choose from.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gees guys it sounds like it would go great with a piece of green tomato pie.:tongue2:
I'm holding out for the chicken ripple. :biggrin:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
On top of everything else, they opened the shop right around the corner from a nice little gelato place. Of course the gelato is more fattening, but it's delicious and they have about 25 flavors to choose from.
Every gelato place I've been to serves really small portions, so you don't feel too bad about choosing the fattening option. I'd rather have a small cup of gelato than a large cone of tomato frozen yoghurt. They better discover chocolate or vanilla really quickly!

That is absolutely disgusting.

Evo
Mentor
Some things just aren't meant to be. I love fish, but I can't imagine fish ice cream. Frozen halibut with sprinkles? Tuna with butterfinger bits?

For some unknown reason this keeps popping up a joke my brother told me a hundred years ago about chicken fried snake and fish ice cream. I don't even remember why it was funny.

Last edited:
Is this place called "Yogurt Land"?

That kind of makes me feel queezy.

turbo
Gold Member
We have a new frozen yogurt shop that just opened in the village next to my campus. Everyone has been very excited about the grand opening - low fat, cool, delicious sweet treats! Yay!! So we took a trek over there this week to check it out.

Well, they had quite a selection of toppings- fruits, syrups, and everything you would expect - but only two flavors of frozen yogurt. So, I know you're thinking, "that's not so bad, MIH, what are you going on about?"

Well, here's the deal.... what do you suppose the flavors were.. chocolate and vanilla? Rasberry swirl and chocolate chip?

And I've got nothing against tomatoes. Heck, I love 'em on a salad. But the last thing I think of is pureeing them up with some plain yogurt and dumping them in a cone with some chocolate syrup and whipped cream on top.

Has the world gone MAD??!!??
That gives me an idea...just mix our blistering-hot pepper relish with yogurt, whip, flash freeze and voila! - a treat that is hot and cold at the same time. Instead of chocolate jimmies, sprinkle with some crushed red pepper, garnish with cilantro, and serve with taco chips. Optional toppings include avocado, lime, and fried banana slices. I'll make some with jalapeno relish instead of habanero relish for the wimps.

Hmmm, I'll have to see if Frito-Lay will tool up to make me some corn-chip-style cones to serve the stuff in.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is this place called "Yogurt Land"?
It's called Polar Monkey. Have you heard of it?

I was told that they are copying a place called Pinkberry, which is very popular out here. It looks like Pinkberry also only has two yogurt flavors: plain and green tea. That doesn't sound quite as bad as plain and tomato.

This is a sure sign I am getting old when I am griping about how I can't understand something that's popular with the kids these days.:frown:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That gives me an idea...just mix our blistering-hot pepper relish with yogurt, whip, flash freeze and voila! - a treat that is hot and cold at the same time. Instead of chocolate jimmies, sprinkle with some crushed red pepper, garnish with cilantro, and serve with taco chips. Optional toppings include avocado, lime, and fried banana slices. I'll make some with jalapeno relish instead of habanero relish for the wimps.

Hmmm, I'll have to see if Frito-Lay will tool up to make me some corn-chip-style cones to serve the stuff in.
I think you're on to something there. Froyo a la turbo!

When I was in Cali over the summer we went to Pinkberry a few times at the outdoor mall in Rancho Cucamonga. It seemed extremely popular (the first time I went it was ridiculously packed), the girls I was with loved it, and I thought it was pretty good as well. It would be nice if they had more flavors to choose from, but they had a nice selection of toppings.

I love plain yogurt. It's my favorite flavor. Sometimes when I rent a movie I sit down with a big tub of it and a bunch of fruit, bananas, apples, grapes, strawberries, whatever I have available. By the end of the movie all the fruit is gone and half the tub as well. I try to find something that isn't low fat, but that's hard to do these days.

Tomato yogurt sounds like a real adventure to me. I never thought to try tomatoes with my yogurt before. They don't exactly break apart into nice bite-size pieces.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I love plain yogurt. It's my favorite flavor. Sometimes when I rent a movie I sit down with a big tub of it and a bunch of fruit, bananas, apples, grapes, strawberries, whatever I have available. By the end of the movie all the fruit is gone and half the tub as well. I try to find something that isn't low fat, but that's hard to do these days.

Tomato yogurt sounds like a real adventure to me. I never thought to try tomatoes with my yogurt before. They don't exactly break apart into nice bite-size pieces.
Plain frozen yogurt or plain yogurt?

Just plain yogurt. Frozen yogurt is great too but I don't buy it.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just plain yogurt. Frozen yogurt is great too but I don't buy it.
I like plain yogurt, but I don't think I would like plain frozen yogurt, which is what this store sells. But who knows, maybe I am missing out on something great.

This whole thing reminds me of a Simpsons episode:

Ned Flanders: Come on, you gloomy Guses. Who's up for a big bowl of nonfat ice milk?
Rod Flanders: I want wintergreen!
Maude Flanders: Unflavored for me.
Ned Flanders: Mmm, unflavored nonfat ice milk, "Home Sweet Home-Diddily-Dum-Doodily"

Last edited:
Well, keep in mind that I chew aluminum foil just to know what aluminum tastes like. I don't differentiate much between good and bad taste. For some reason I don't like any kind of crustaceans, but I'll eat even those if they are offered. Sometimes a meal comes with those crab rangoon things and I eat them anyway. Can't see anything going to waste.

I wonder if I would like frozen crab yogurt. Is it the flavor or the texture that offends me?

turbo
Gold Member
Great idea! Maine's fishing industry can use all the help that they can get. Maybe I can get some start-up money from the state to popularize lobster ice cream.