I created a thread that I now wish to delete, is this possible?

• Thread starter scottr99
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible to delete a thread that you have created, but this ability may depend on the platform or forum. The process for deleting a thread varies, but it usually involves clicking on the thread or post and looking for a delete option. Deleting a thread will also remove all associated comments and replies. Once a thread is deleted, it is usually not possible to retrieve it, so it is important to double check before deleting. Some platforms or forums may have a time limit for deleting a thread, so it is best to check their guidelines for more information.
scottr99
I'd appreciate some help, thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi scottr99 - you should send a PM to one of the mentors.

lisab said:
Hi scottr99 - you should send a PM to one of the mentors.

Thanks lisab, and how might I find one of those?

Just click REPORT on your first post in the thread -- that sends us a message. Tell us why you want it deleted.

berkeman said:
Just click REPORT on your first post in the thread -- that sends us a message. Tell us why you want it deleted.

This one, thanks.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=308559

1. Can I delete a thread that I created?

Yes, it is possible to delete a thread that you have created. However, the ability to delete a thread may depend on the platform or forum that you are using.

2. How do I delete a thread that I created?

The process for deleting a thread may vary depending on the platform or forum. In general, you can usually find a delete option by clicking on the thread or post and looking for a menu or settings icon. If you are unable to find a delete option, you may need to contact the platform or forum administrator for assistance.

3. Will deleting a thread also delete all of the comments and replies?

Yes, deleting a thread will typically remove all of the comments and replies associated with that thread. This is to ensure that the conversation remains coherent and relevant.

4. Can I retrieve a deleted thread?

Unfortunately, once a thread has been deleted, it is usually not possible to retrieve it. This is why it is important to double check before deleting a thread to make sure it is something you truly want to remove.

5. Is there a time limit for deleting a thread?

The time limit for deleting a thread may vary depending on the platform or forum. Some may allow you to delete a thread at any time, while others may have a set time limit after which the thread cannot be deleted. It is best to check the platform or forum's guidelines for more information.