, I don't have a clue how to calculate this.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ole SeaBee
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 6K views
No worries.
The torque is about the center of the crank. This is inclusive of the 5.25" moment arm.
Basically you can think of it as 164 lbf acting perpendicular to the crank arm at that 5.25" distance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
FeX32 said:
No worries.
The torque is about the center of the crank. This is inclusive of the 5.25" moment arm.
Basically you can think of it as 164 lbf acting perpendicular to the crank arm at that 5.25" distance.

FeX32,

That is what I thought it was, I did get that number as well as at the cam I believe it's 328 lbf. This is better than I had hoped for in this application.

It is the final answer I needed and I've worked on this machine for the better part of 6 years. I have tried to figure it many ways, never was sure of the outcome tho! Now I fully believe it will work. I had little doubt ;)!

Thank You Again! I won't forget your help!

ed
 
You're welcome ed. Good luck with your machine.
All the best to ya,