I have a problem finding the permitivity of acetate, can some one help me

• Thread starter ChechoGomez
  • Start date
In summary, permitivity is a measure of a material's ability to store electrical energy and is important in various applications such as designing capacitors and determining the speed of electromagnetic waves. Acetate is a commonly used chemical compound that is being studied due to its permitivity and can be determined through experiments, measurements, or calculations. There are resources available for finding the permitivity of acetate, but it can be challenging due to various factors and may require consulting with experts or using alternative methods.
ChechoGomez

Homework Statement

The question goes as follows: A simple capacitor consists of two square sheets of aluminium foil separated by a thin sheet of acetate. The foil is 31.6 cm on a side and the acetate is 0.5 cm thick, with a dielectric constant k= 3.4

What is the permittivity ε of the acetate sheet?

Homework Equations

q= CV C=kε(knot)A/d

Physics news on Phys.org
How is the dielectric constant defined in terms of permittivity of the material and permittivity of vacuum?

ehild

1. What is permitivity and why is it important?

Permitivity, also known as electric constant, is a measure of a material's ability to store electrical energy within an electric field. It is an important parameter in many scientific and engineering applications, such as designing capacitors and determining the speed of electromagnetic waves in a medium.

2. What is acetate and why is it being studied?

Acetate is a chemical compound that is commonly used in the production of plastics, fibers, and solvents. It is also found naturally in many living organisms. It is being studied in this case because it is a commonly used material and its permitivity is of interest in various applications.

3. How can I find the permitivity of acetate?

The permitivity of acetate can be determined by conducting experiments and measurements using specialized equipment, such as a capacitance meter or a resonant frequency analyzer. It can also be calculated using known equations and the material's physical properties.

4. Can someone help me find the permitivity of acetate?

Yes, there are many resources available for finding the permitivity of acetate. You can consult scientific literature, reach out to experts in the field, or use online databases and calculators. It is important to ensure that the source is reliable and the methodology used is appropriate for your specific case.

5. Why am I having trouble finding the permitivity of acetate?

Finding the permitivity of a material can be challenging as it depends on various factors such as the type of measurement, the frequency of the electric field, and the physical properties of the material. It is also important to note that the permitivity of a material can vary depending on the conditions in which it is measured. If you are having trouble, it may be helpful to consult with experts or seek alternative measurement methods.