I have to start with some book but wich collection is better

• Thread starter hagopbul
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, a first year master's degree student is seeking advice on which collection to start reading, Walter Greiner or Landau L.D., Lifgarbagez E.M. They are advised to try both from the library and make a decision based on their background. The expert also gives their personal opinion on the collections, stating that Landau has clear language but leaves some mathematical steps to the reader, while Greiner may have a weaker English translation but provides more detailed derivations. The student decides to start with Landau's collection.
hagopbul
i have the following collections and i want to know with what should i start reading the Walter Greiner or Landau L.D., Lifgarbagez E.M collection?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not familiar with Greiner, but Landau and Lifgarbagez is not a beginning text, so it depends upon your background.

1st year master degree student

You should probably get both at the library and find out which one suits you better. My short opinion on them: Landau has very clear language, but in very concise in the mathematical expressions, leaving many steps in derivations to you. Greiner fills in more of the steps, but may be less well written. I have also read bad things about the english translation of Greiner, which I can't comment on since I only used his german books.

thank you i will start with L then G

1. What are the different types of book collections available?

There are many types of book collections available, including fiction, non-fiction, reference, educational, and more. Each collection has its own unique focus and purpose.

2. How do I know which collection is better for the book I want to start with?

The best way to determine which collection is better for the book you want to start with is to consider the genre, topic, and purpose of the book. You should also research different collections and read reviews to get a better understanding of their content.

3. Are there any specific book collections that are recommended for beginners?

Yes, there are some book collections that are recommended for beginners, such as classic literature collections, young adult collections, and beginner-level educational collections. These collections often have a wide range of books to choose from and are designed to introduce readers to different genres and topics.

4. Can I mix and match books from different collections?

Yes, you can mix and match books from different collections. In fact, this can be a great way to explore different genres and styles of writing. However, it is important to make sure that the books you choose are still appropriate for your reading level and interests.

5. Are there any benefits to sticking with one specific book collection?

Sticking with one specific book collection can have its benefits, such as building a deeper understanding of a particular genre or topic, and potentially forming connections between different books within the collection. However, it is also important to branch out and explore different collections to expand your reading experience.