1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have to start with some book but wich collection is better

1. Dec 20, 2011 #1
    i have the following collections and i want to know with what should i start reading the Walter Greiner or Landau L.D., Lifgarbagez E.M collection????

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2011 #2
    I'm not familiar with Greiner, but Landau and Lifgarbagez is not a beginning text, so it depends upon your background.

4. Dec 20, 2011 #3
    1st year master degree student

5. Dec 21, 2011 #4
    You should probably get both at the library and find out which one suits you better. My short opinion on them: Landau has very clear language, but in very concise in the mathematical expressions, leaving many steps in derivations to you. Greiner fills in more of the steps, but may be less well written. I have also read bad things about the english translation of Greiner, which I can't comment on since I only used his german books.

6. Dec 21, 2011 #5
    thank you i will start with L then G

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook