I have to start with some book but wich collection is better

  • Thread starter Thread starter hagopbul
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
hagopbul
Messages
397
Reaction score
45
i have the following collections and i want to know with what should i start reading the Walter Greiner or Landau L.D., Lifgarbagez E.M collection?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not familiar with Greiner, but Landau and Lifgarbagez is not a beginning text, so it depends upon your background.
 
You should probably get both at the library and find out which one suits you better. My short opinion on them: Landau has very clear language, but in very concise in the mathematical expressions, leaving many steps in derivations to you. Greiner fills in more of the steps, but may be less well written. I have also read bad things about the english translation of Greiner, which I can't comment on since I only used his german books.