1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Know Why We Will Never Come Across A Wormhole

1. Apr 16, 2008 #1
    WORMHOLES EXIST AND DONT EXIST they exist and can be accessed, but the postulate and justification on a wormhole is in a 3-d visual. in a 4-d visual- which our universe is, the curvature of a single space-time object will have its own curvature spot. on a 4-d scale. i cant visually show it because i dont know how 4-d looks like and i dont think any1 knows soo please try to coop uo and understand this

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2008 #2

Nabeshin

Science Advisor

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. When you see a "picture" of a wormhole yes it's a 3-d representation, but anyone formulating theories about them knows it is scaled up a dimension. I'm not sure, but are you saying that because of this 3-d simplification, the 4-d analog is incorrect?

4. Apr 16, 2008 #3
    Hey guys, this is my first post so pls be kind, think I found a cosmology forum that isnt too littered with equations to put me off (any other good forums u suggest guys?)

As for Wormholes... I read they could potentially exist within a black hole somewhere away from the central singularity.

As for 4-d euclidean representation... how on earth (haha) are we meant to visualize this... the human mindset is in 3d.

I can't see how an astronaut could "use" a wormhole to travel across spacetime, as they would be ripped to pieces at the event horizon right? Anything entering a black hole is just converted into mass and rotation of the hole itself?

I can only imagine massless particles using wormholes... and if light cant even escape the event horizon how could a photon "escape" the blackhole by using a wormhole within it.

Pls explain :eek:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?