I might have stumbled on something. I don't know where to go.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darth Frodo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Darth Frodo
Messages
211
Reaction score
1
I have found something cool involving indices. I don't know if it has been proven before, but I need help as the more information I gather the harder & longer it takes to calculate.

I was thinking of going to a professor to help me.

I would write it here, but what if someone takes it?

I don't want to imply the "i'm great & I've made a huge discovert" because odds are someone has already realized it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would first go through PF before emailing a professor about it. You would get noted as the author and originator of whatever you've found. You would also get some help and if whatever you've found has been observed or realized, you will know from the people commenting.
 
phoenix:\\ said:
I would first go through PF before emailing a professor about it.

Note that PF has rules against personal theories and overly speculative posts.

If you are in high school, start with your teacher. If in college, start with one of your professors.