I must be doing something wrong ?

• Thread starter help1please
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the calculation and understanding of a matrix, specifically the matrix form of a^k. The initial calculation resulted in a nullified matrix, which led to confusion about the importance of the relationship \beta \alpha^k = \gamma^k. However, the mistake was later corrected and the correct calculation showed a non-zero matrix.
help1please
I've come here directly to the physics subforum for help understanding something. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=4093403#post4093403Now I am really confused: consider the matrix form of [tex]a^k[/tex] and calculate it all out we have

[tex]\begin{pmatrix} 1 & 0 & 0 & 0 \\0 & 1 & 0 & 0 \\0 & 0 & -1 & 0 \\0 & 0 & 0 & -1 \end{pmatrix}\begin{pmatrix} 0 & 0 & 1 & 0 \\0 & 0 & 0 & -1 \\0 & 1 & 0 & 0 \\1 & 0 & 0 & 0 \end{pmatrix} = \begin{pmatrix} 0 & 0 & 0 & 0 \\0 & 0 & 0 & 0 \\0 & 0 & 0 & 0 \\0 & 0 & 0 & 0 \end{pmatrix}[/tex]

A nullified matrix?

Have I got my [tex]a^k[/tex] matrix right... ?

I just don't understand why the relationship

[tex]\beta \alpha^k = \gamma^k[/tex]

would be important if it spat out a zero matrix, which makes me wonder strongly whether I even have the right conditions down for [tex]a^k[/tex]?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, terrible mistake on my part, I recalculated it properly this time

[tex]\begin{pmatrix} 1 & 0 & 0 & 0 \\0 & 1 & 0 & 0 \\0 & 0 & -1 & 0 \\0 & 0 & 0 & -1 \end{pmatrix}\begin{pmatrix} 0 & 0 & 1 & 0 \\0 & 0 & 0 & -1 \\0 & 1 & 0 & 0 \\1 & 0 & 0 & 0 \end{pmatrix} = \begin{pmatrix} 0 & 0 & 1 & 0 \\0 & 0 & 0 & -1 \\0 & -1 & 0 & 0 \\-1 & 0 & 0 & 0 \end{pmatrix}[/tex]

1. What does it mean when I feel like I must be doing something wrong?

Feeling like you must be doing something wrong can mean a few different things. It could be a sign of imposter syndrome, where you feel like you don't deserve your accomplishments or success. It could also mean that you are struggling with self-doubt or perfectionism, and you are constantly questioning your actions and decisions. It's important to address these feelings and seek support if they are negatively impacting your life.

2. How can I figure out if I am actually doing something wrong?

One way to figure out if you are actually doing something wrong is to seek feedback from others. Ask for constructive criticism from trusted colleagues or mentors. You can also reflect on your actions and decisions and assess if they align with your values and goals. Sometimes, our own insecurities can make us feel like we are doing something wrong when we are actually doing just fine.

3. Is it normal to constantly feel like I am doing something wrong?

Feeling like you are constantly doing something wrong is not uncommon, especially for individuals who struggle with anxiety or perfectionism. However, it is not a healthy or sustainable mindset. It's important to address these feelings and seek support to develop a more positive and confident outlook.

4. How can I stop feeling like I must be doing something wrong all the time?

Stopping the constant feeling of doing something wrong takes time and effort. It's important to address the root causes of these feelings, whether it's imposter syndrome, self-doubt, or other underlying issues. Therapy, self-care practices, and positive self-talk can all be helpful in overcoming these feelings and developing a more positive mindset.

5. What are some signs that I am actually doing something wrong?

Some signs that you may be doing something wrong include receiving negative feedback from others, feeling guilty or ashamed about your actions, or experiencing negative consequences as a result of your decisions. It's important to pay attention to these signs and reflect on your actions to make necessary changes and improvements.