I want to do my M.S. in forces and energy. Please help me?

In summary, if you don't have a strong background in calculus and electromagnetics, you may need to get a bachelor's in physics before attempting to pursue a graduate degree in physics.
AypaPhysics
Hi, i completed my Electronics and Communication [B.E.]. I want to go for M.S. abroad where can i have great studying atmosphere cause i heard the projects undertaken where more advanced than in India. I want to do projects about forces and energy. Which Field is best matching for me. Please Advice.

Thanks
aypa

Physics news on Phys.org
um? all physics has to do with forces and energy

I would suggest if you can't narrow down your interest more than that you probably need to do an undergrad in physics before being admitted into a graduate program.

Unless this is a strange joke of some kind

Thanks for ur reply.
I am very serious about doing Phd in physics. I want to understand the secrets hidden in nature. I may be a professor in just a few years.
i am planning to do GRE Physics test October 2010.
i have enrolled for M.Sc physics, distance education since i am working in software concern now.
By 2011 ill finish M.Sc. physics. with this degree in hand and a good GRE physics and GRE General Score i am confident that i may get good academic study.

I am now not sure which college to choose u.s. or u.k.?
Where can i get a job in physics?
Which branch of physics has many job opportunities?

Please help !

Still not sure if this is a joke...

MSc distance education in physics?
Maybe I am out of the loop for the rest of the world, but it doesn't sound like something that would be honoured anywhere. Do you have a supervisor, a thesis, graduate level course work?
Make sure whatever you are doing isn't a scam as it seems suspicious.

Looking through your post I see 4 months ago you asked a question about the practical applications of calculus. Either you've come along way since then you're being a bit hasty in worrying about graduate work in physics

i am really pleased that atleast you reply me.

i am planning to do M.Sc degree in physics in India through distance education.
Is a Msc physics degree enough for Phd or M.S physics admission in U.K?

No, certainly not a distance education degree.

thanks lubuntu... you have cleared my dialemma.
Now how can i get into Physics research having a bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication. Please help.

I really feel much thankful to this forum.. you ppl r great.

How does one get a Bachelor's degree in Electronics and Communications without a strong calculus or electromagnetics background? I don't say this to beat you down, but rather to indicate that you might be in need of some remedial physics background (or a bachelor's in physics) if you're serious about going into graduate school.

MATLAB, now do you see what I meant back then?

1. What is an M.S. in forces and energy?

An M.S. in forces and energy is a graduate degree program that focuses on the study of forces and energy in various physical systems, such as mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism. It involves advanced coursework and research in these areas, as well as practical applications in industries such as renewable energy, aerospace, and manufacturing.

2. What are the prerequisites for an M.S. in forces and energy?

The specific prerequisites may vary depending on the university or program, but generally, applicants should have a strong background in mathematics, physics, and engineering. Some programs may also require prior coursework in specific subjects, such as mechanics, thermodynamics, or electricity and magnetism.

3. What career opportunities are available with an M.S. in forces and energy?

Graduates with an M.S. in forces and energy can pursue careers in a wide range of industries, including renewable energy, aerospace, automotive, and manufacturing. Some common job titles include research engineer, energy analyst, mechanical engineer, and design engineer. Graduates can also continue their education and pursue a Ph.D. in a related field.

4. How long does it take to complete an M.S. in forces and energy?

The duration of an M.S. in forces and energy program can vary, but typically, it takes 1-2 years to complete. This may depend on whether the program is full-time or part-time, as well as the student's progress in completing coursework and research requirements.

5. What skills will I gain from an M.S. in forces and energy?

Students in an M.S. in forces and energy program will develop a strong foundation in mathematical and scientific principles, as well as advanced knowledge in topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism. They will also gain practical skills in data analysis, problem-solving, and experimental design, which are valuable in both research and industry settings.