I want to use LaTeX, How can I do that?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Jiho
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, for typing LaTeX in Physics Forums, you can use the itex tag for normal mode and tex tag for display mode. Alternatively, you can use the double # tag for normal mode, but it may take longer to load on a phone. Additionally, for more information on using LaTeX on Physics Forums, you can refer to the link provided in the signature.
Jiho
I want to write LaTeX. So I write e.g) '\left( \frac a b \right)' . But it looks just back space bar not mathematical equation. Does there need to install TeX program if I want to type LaTeX in Physics Forums?

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you kindly give me specific detail?? I can't find proper information about LaTeX in the link you said.

## \left( \frac a b \right) ##
Thank you. I got it!

Likes YoungPhysicist, jtbell and jedishrfu
Use itex tag for normal mode and tex tag for display mode.
Write some gibberish in a sentence [itex]E = mc^2[/itex] and then something in display mode
[tex]
\left ( \frac{m}{p} \right ) \in \{-1,0,1\}
[/tex]

You could also use double # tag for normal mode like this ##a^2 + b^2 = c^2 ##, but I've been avoiding that since for some reason, it loads longer when I'm reading topics on phone.

1. What is LaTeX?

LaTeX is a typesetting language used for creating professional-looking documents, especially in the fields of mathematics, science, and engineering.

2. How do I use LaTeX?

To use LaTeX, you will need to download a distribution such as TeX Live or MiKTeX. Then, you can use a text editor to write your LaTeX code and compile it into a PDF document.

3. Is LaTeX difficult to learn?

While it may seem intimidating at first, LaTeX is not overly difficult to learn. It has a straightforward syntax and there are many online resources and tutorials available to help you get started.

4. Can I use LaTeX for any type of document?

LaTeX is most commonly used for academic and technical documents, but it can be used for any type of document. It offers a lot of flexibility in terms of formatting and design.

5. Do I need to know programming to use LaTeX?

No, you do not need to know programming to use LaTeX. However, having some basic understanding of coding can be helpful when creating more complex documents.