Ibanez RG1570RB: is this the right guitar for me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Love
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
47 replies · 6K views
Zero
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/models/RG1570RB.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Whoa, that's a tasty guitar.

But i prefer this one, http://

Absolutely Gorgeous
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I also have an S470 -- awesome guitar. Everytime I go to a guitar store and play other guitars I'm simply reminded how amazing mine is.

- Warren
 
im not good enough yet to warrant myself paying aload of money for a good guitar, but someday.
 
Fine Zero! I am also learning Spanish guitar :)
Just finished the chords :(
But soon I can play songs :)
 
Originally posted by Andy
Whoa, that's a tasty guitar.

But i prefer this one, http://

Absolutely Gorgeous
Yeah, and probabaly $10,000 too!

I likes mine just fine, thanks...nice enough to want to play it constantly ,not so nice that I'm afraid to take it out of the case.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And, I think it complements my OTHER love...

http://www.espguitars.com/images/guitars/EC1000_stbc.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, i would never want to play that one. I think my mate has a very simliar Ibanez to yours but probably a couple of models down, think his cost £500.
 
Originally posted by chroot
I also have an S470 -- awesome guitar. Everytime I go to a guitar store and play other guitars I'm simply reminded how amazing mine is.

- Warren
What's that got, a 22-fret Wizard II neck? Probably plays just like the RG, since the neck is like 2 mm thicker. I just don't like the slender body as much...
 
Originally posted by Andy
im not good enough yet to warrant myself paying aload of money for a good guitar, but someday.
Well, it is always worth having a better guitar...they make it easier for you to express yourself, even if you aren't great.
 
Originally posted by Moni
Fine Zero! I am also learning Spanish guitar :)
Just finished the chords :(
But soon I can play songs :)
Keep at it! We all have to start somewhere, and you'll be playing songs before you know it!
 
Originally posted by Andy
Whoa, how much did you shell out on these beauties?
The ESP was $800($900 once I got done with changing a pickup) , the Ibanez was $560...plus $150 once I throw some new pickups in it.
 
Origionally posted By Zero
Well, it is always worth having a better guitar...they make it easier for you to express yourself, even if you aren't great.

Yea, but my wallet is struggling to keep up with my spending, especially with a new car coming.
 
Originally posted by Zero
Keep at it! We all have to start somewhere, and you'll be playing songs before you know it!

Thanks! Zero :)
Yes! You are correct, where I learn guitar (from a member of a local Band group) everyone tryies to play songs before learning it...actually they don't want to wait to finish all the grammers ;)

Btw, what's the company of your guitar?
I don't have electric one...it's Givson Jumbo :)
My boss (Band member) says for learning purpose, acoustic guitar is fine :)
 
Originally posted by Andy
Yea, but my wallet is struggling to keep up with my spending, especially with a new car coming.
Well, what have you got now?
 
Originally posted by Moni
Thanks! Zero :)
Yes! You are correct, where I learn guitar (from a member of a local Band group) everyone tryies to play songs before learning it...actually they don't want to wait to finish all the grammers ;)

Btw, what's the company of your guitar?
I don't have electric one...it's Givson Jumbo :)
My boss (Band member) says for learning purpose, acoustic guitar is fine :)
The blue one is an Ibanez...and you probably wouldn't want to learn to play on one of those.

Did you mean a Gibson Jumbo acoustic? Jeez, those are great guitars, you are a lucky player to get to learn on one of those!

I wish I had learned properly the first time around, I have spent the last year unlearning bad habits.
 
I have a Yamaha Pacifica, i have been looking for a picture of it but can't find one, can only find custon models. But it cost my parents about £100.

I have been teaching myself how to play for about a year now, although it hasnt been nonstop. I figured that when i can play all of the sweet child O'mine solo then i would get me a new one.
 
Originally posted by Andy
I have a Yamaha Pacifica, i have been looking for a picture of it but can't find one, can only find custon models. But it cost my parents about £100.

I have been teaching myself how to play for about a year now, although it hasnt been nonstop. I figured that when i can play all of the sweet child O'mine solo then i would get me a new one.
Actually, Pacificas aren't that bad at all...you could do worse for a first guitar.
 
Cool, i don't think there is anything wrong with it, but i have played on a mates Guitar, tis one which Steve Vai uses/used and it feels so much better than my little baby.

But i do quite like the Guitar that slash uses in the Sweet Child O'Mine Video. That would probably be the guitar i go for next.
 
Originally posted by Andy
Cool, i don't think there is anything wrong with it, but i have played on a mates Guitar, tis one which Steve Vai uses/used and it feels so much better than my little baby.

But i do quite like the Guitar that slash uses in the Sweet Child O'Mine Video. That would probably be the guitar i go for next.
You know you can get a decent Epiphone Les Paul for about $500...worth doing if you like that sort of body style...wait wait wait...


You can get this for about $450(which I guess is like £250): http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/518568.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
i like the look of this baby!

http://www.music123.com/item/?itemno=41491

but then i have always had a soft spot for Yngwie Malmsteen
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your new love is a GUITAR??!
Zero, a GUITAR?!

Criminy. And here I thought "Awwww...how sweet. Zero went and got himself a girlfriend. Or maybe even a new puppy..."

Ivan says "Hey! At least it has a HOLE in it!"

edit: And then I looked at it again - NO IT DOESN'T!
 
Last edited:
Hey Hey, a guitar is not just an object! Like a car or a 6-pack of beer it is a cherished item!

When i hear a guitar play it can mean more to me than the words in a song. I suppose its the love of the music really.
 
Originally posted by jimmy p
Like a car or a 6-pack of beer it is a cherished item!


Oh.
 
huh? is what battery operated? [?] [?] [?] [?]
 
Originally posted by Tsunami
Is it battery operated?

Ummm...one of my guitars is battery-powered...
 
I have a fender copy cheapo which is basically a relfection of my playing skills, but my uncle has this:

http://www.tundramusic.com/GallDes.php?SK=110024

/drool
 
Last edited by a moderator: