Icons at Thread Titles on PF Forum - Learn What They Mean!

• Thread starter Stephanus
  • Start date
In summary, the icons next to thread titles on the PF forum represent the category or topic of the thread, and can include astronomy, biology, chemistry, engineering, math, and physics. A green checkmark icon next to a title indicates that the thread has been marked as solved, while a red exclamation point icon means it has been reported for violating forum guidelines. There are also icons indicating popularity, such as a star for high views and a flame for high replies. It is possible to filter threads by their icons using the "Filter by Icon" drop-down menu.
Stephanus
Dear PF forum.
What are those icons at the thread title? B, I, A, etc. They are new, right?
Can someone give me the link to know that icons?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
See the first thread in the forum feedback and announcements section.

Related to Icons at Thread Titles on PF Forum - Learn What They Mean!

1. What do the different icons next to thread titles on the PF forum represent?

The icons next to thread titles on the PF forum represent the category or topic of the thread. These categories include astronomy, biology, chemistry, engineering, math, and physics.

2. How can I tell if a thread has been solved?

If a thread has been marked as solved by the original poster or a moderator, it will have a green checkmark icon next to the title. This indicates that a solution has been found for the problem discussed in the thread.

3. What does the red exclamation point icon mean?

The red exclamation point icon indicates that a thread has been reported by a user for violating the forum's guidelines. This could include inappropriate or offensive content, spam, or other rule violations.

4. Are there any icons that indicate the popularity of a thread?

Yes, there are two icons that indicate the popularity of a thread. The first is a star, which indicates that the thread has received a high number of views. The second is a flame, which indicates that the thread has a high number of replies.

5. Can I filter threads by their icons?

Yes, you can filter threads by their icons by using the "Filter by Icon" drop-down menu at the top of the forum page. This allows you to view threads only in a specific category or with a specific icon, making it easier to find threads that interest you.