If 1m^2 price is 9.33 $ then what's the price for 1meter?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter nominj98
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 2K views
nominj98
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
If 1m^2 price is 9.33 $ then what's the price for 1meter?
-----------------------------------------------------------
1m^2 = 9.33 $
1m = ?
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
cannot be determined because it doesn't make sense ...

$m^2$ is a two-dimensional area; $m$ is one-dimensional length

you can pay \$9.33 for a square meter of carpet, but you can't buy 1 meter of carpet
 
Ohh sorry for my mistake, I forgot to add this picture, Please help me to answer this.
If 1m^2 price is 9.33 $ then what's the price for 1meter?
-----------------------------------------------------------
1m^2 = 9.33 $
1m = ?

1618467672247.png
 
Having been told that a carpet, which covers and area, must be measured in an area measure, like $m^2$, so that you can't buy "1 m" of carpet, and your question is meaningless, why do you ask exactly the same question again?

You have included a picture now, but with no explanation. What is this picture of and what does it have to do with carpets?
 
There is nothing to do with any carpet, This tube which is in this picture has to be coloured, The price for colouring this tube is 1m^2 = 9.33$, I need to find the price for 1m, I know what you mean about "m^2 is a two-dimensional area; m is one-dimensional length", The reason I keep asking is that one guy keeps on asking this answer and I don't know how to get this, this is how I answered but he is telling it is wrong and not giving me the answer, Please help me if you can.

1618492378954.png
 
circumference of a circle = $2\pi$ times the radius, or $\pi$ times the diameter

you seem to want the surface area of a hollow tube one meter in length with an approximate diameter of 50.55 units, which I'm assuming are millimeters ... note your cross-section is close to be circular, but is actually an ellipse.

$A = C \cdot L = \pi \cdot d \cdot L \approx \pi \cdot (0.055 \, m) \cdot (1 \, m) \approx 0.173 \, m^2$

based on that area ...

$\dfrac{\$ 9.33}{1 \, m^2} = \dfrac{\$ x}{0.173 \, m^2} \implies x \approx \$1.61$