PeroK said:
Well, just one more thing.
In the 1993
It's All In The Game, he lets one murderer (Claudia Christian - a young Claudis Christian) in order to catch the other (Faye Dunaway). So he's only got a 99% success rate.
I then thought about Batman - the World's Greateste Detective (it says so right on the cover). That way my killer would not only get caught, but there'd be a decent chance of a grisly end. But the rules say "TV" and the Adam West version of Batman couldn't catch a cold.
So I'll go with Jim Rockford. He needs the money, great theme song by Pete Carpenter and Mike Post (impress me, someone, and tell me who played harmonica) and only costs $200/day plus expenses.
<ring> "Hi, Jim, it's Jamie at the police impound. They picked up your car again. Lately, they've been driving it more than you have."
<ring> "That number four you just picked up from Angelo's Pizza? Some scouring powder fell in there. Don't eat it. Hey, I hope you try your phone machine before dinner."