I'm getting my PharmD, but I'm deadset against working at RiteAid. I'm

  • Thread starter Thread starter ptolema
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
ptolema
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
I'm getting my PharmD, but I'm deadset against working at RiteAid. I'm trying to go academia/research, so I'm thinking of doing something like epidemiology. Is pharmacy to epidemiology too far of a jump? (I know a pre-med/art history major, so I've got a good idea of what an impossible jump is) I don't want to have to get my PharmD and then have to go back to the beginning for a BS.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


I don't think it is an impossible jump. I'm currently in a MPH program with plenty of doctors, nurses, engineers, etc. You name it, you'll find that major in the program.

Epi could be great with your Pharm D especially if you want to work in something to do with clinical trials or something else that would draw from both backgrounds. As long as you don't mind a little math Epi is a lot of fun.

MPH programs take 2 years max, just find one with a solid Epi emphasis and hopefully a school of public health that is separate from the medical school of the same university. Student Doctor Forums has a section for MPH applicants too, just fyi.
 


SbF5 said:
I don't think it is an impossible jump. I'm currently in a MPH program with plenty of doctors, nurses, engineers, etc. You name it, you'll find that major in the program.

Epi could be great with your Pharm D especially if you want to work in something to do with clinical trials or something else that would draw from both backgrounds. As long as you don't mind a little math Epi is a lot of fun.

MPH programs take 2 years max, just find one with a solid Epi emphasis and hopefully a school of public health that is separate from the medical school of the same university. Student Doctor Forums has a section for MPH applicants too, just fyi.

thanks for the advice! i don't mind the math at all, so that's a relief to hear.