Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm looking for a test to tell me how smart this dumb kid is.

1. May 3, 2009 #1
    Don't tell me how IQ tests are a waste of time and how IQ doesn't really measure potential. I know all that. My buddy's kid just asked me to find an IQ test for him, he's 12. He's a smart kid but he's a smart A$$. Do any of you know of a good, free, online test that a twelve year old can take?

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2009 #2

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Not a good idea ... giving some naive kid online tests that will either inflate his notion of how smart he is - most often the case , that's how they get you to buy the diagnostic results - or convince him that he is an idiot. The online IQ tests , despite seeming " culture fair " and simplistic for the adults poses unfamiliar concepts to younger kids. The IQ test that is administered needs to have a more progressive approach - something that takes several days to administer and measures more and more facets of intelligence. It's healthier this way ...

4. May 3, 2009 #3
    This one will take about 40 minutes.

Tell him it's not a full IQ test, just a fluid intelligence test.

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

5. May 3, 2009 #4
    Kids do too many stupid things ...

6. May 3, 2009 #5

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Tell him that all the smart kids find their own tests. Strange he didn't know that....

7. May 3, 2009 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Or just give him a few more years and fix him up with a smarter girl...she'll break him quickly. :biggrin:

8. May 4, 2009 #7
    http://www.athey-educational.co.uk/noaccess/mult1x.htm [Broken]

Here's a quick free kids IQ test.

Minus points from yours for not figuring out how to use google. ;-p

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  9. May 4, 2009 #8
    physicsforums is my google.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  10. May 4, 2009 #9
    This isn't very small town friendly of you, now is it tribdog. In this kind of situation, just ask your self: WWSTD? (What Would Sherrif Taylor Do?)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook