I'm planning on doing some type of exchange program in Russia.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
CPL.Luke
Messages
440
Reaction score
0
is anybody here from Russia? I ask as I'm planning on doing some type of exchange program there, and am looking for schools that have strong physics programs.


i'm hoping to go to a school near a city so I get a better chance to experinece russian life.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe that Moscow has a few decent technical institutes. Russians are rather proficient in nonlinear theory & are excellent physicists - amongst other things.
 
momentum_waves said:
I believe that Moscow has a few decent technical institutes. Russians are rather proficient in nonlinear theory & are excellent physicists - amongst other things.
Действительно...
(Могу я посоветовать mipt.ru :wink:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
bomba923 said:
Действительно...
(Могу я посоветовать mipt.ru :wink:)

как я могу поступит вету школу ыесли я американиц?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I took a year of Russian at my university and I have basically no idea what you guys are saying (I recognize a few words, but that's it).

Moscow State University seems to be a good school, but I don't know much about it. Maybe look at St. Petersburg State as well.
 
Last edited:
mattmns said:
I took a year of Russian at my university and I have basically no idea what you guys are saying (I recognize a few words, but that's it).

Moscow State University seems to be a good school, but I don't know much about it.

i'm cheating actually

using google translate and http://www.wowwi.orc.ru/cgi-bin/tt.cgi that.

but i was born in russia so i remember a lot of words i just don't know how to spell them
 
Hello:

Do you know about the actual academic level in Russia. I've heard it tooks almost ten years to get a doctoral degree. I'm interested in getting a PhD equivalent in Russia, maybe in engineering. Is this a good idea?
 
I think it depends on the field. Moscow State University is famous. However, the "elite" institutes in Russia are probably the ones located in Chernogolovka (Landau institute etc).
Moscow State has lost a LOT of researchers over the past decade or so (for obvious reasons) but still have -from what I understand- some very good programs.
 
Thanks a lot. I'm checking the MAI (Moscow Aviation Institute) website and looks nice. I'm going to follow your advice on these places. Thank you!
 
The Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) is a good choice for someone who is interested in a good university.