I'm trying to look further down these paths

• Thread starter Girlygeek
  • Start date
In summary, the person is currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Physics and will have an Associates at the end of the term. They have not taken a Physics class yet but enjoy learning about how the world works. They are also taking Gen. Chem. II and are considering switching to a Chemistry/BioChemistry/Chemical Engineering degree. They are unsure of their career path and want something with variety, structure, and the opportunity to work with others without being tied to a desk or standing all day. They also don't want a high-stress job. They are seeking advice on narrowing down their career options based on their interests and problem-solving preferences.
Girlygeek
I am currently working towards a Bachelor's degree in Physics. I will have my Associates at the end of this term. I have yet to take a Physics class, but I love learning about how the world works, and we have touched upon some basic concepts in my calculus classes. I am currently taking Gen. Chem. II and I really like it. I am stuck between continuing along my path towards a Physics degree or taking a detour and getting the Chemistry/BioChemistry/or Chemical Engineering degree.

I am still not completely certain what career I would like to pursue, which is why I have tried to leave my degree choice to something that would allow for many different career paths. I want something that will give me a bit of variety, but still have structure. I want to work with other people. I don't want to be chained to a desk or phone (was a receptionist before), but I also don't want to be standing all day, either. The opportunity to travel for business, go to different sites, or even just get up to run some tests and then go back to my desk sounds about right for me. I also don't want to have a ton of stress and high-pressure deadlines all the time. I can handle it on occasion, but I don't want to live with it 8+ hours a day, every day.

Any thoughts? I really would like to start narrowing this down a bit.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
To be honest the desires you have for a career are practical, but there's nothing too specific about the particular work that you want to do.

It's a good idea to keep your education general while you're trying to figure out what appeals to you. One key is to figure out what kinds of problems you enjoy working on and then figure out how those apply to various careers.

What does "I'm trying to look further down these paths" mean?

"I'm trying to look further down these paths" is a phrase that typically means someone is actively exploring different options or possibilities in order to gain a better understanding or find a solution to a problem.

Why is it important to look further down these paths?

Looking further down these paths allows for a deeper understanding of a situation and can lead to finding more effective solutions or opportunities that may have otherwise been overlooked.

What are some strategies for looking further down these paths?

Some strategies for looking further down these paths include conducting research, asking questions, brainstorming, considering different perspectives, and experimenting with different approaches.

How can looking further down these paths benefit scientific research?

Looking further down these paths can benefit scientific research by allowing for more thorough investigations and potentially leading to new discoveries or breakthroughs. It can also help to identify potential limitations or flaws in current research methods.

What are some common challenges when trying to look further down these paths?

Some common challenges when trying to look further down these paths include limited resources, time constraints, and biases or preconceived notions that may hinder the ability to consider all possibilities objectively.