In need of some advice (Michigan State and U Arizona)

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter PaulKell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    State
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
PaulKell
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm a senior in high school and have been accepted to the University of Arizona - which would cost around $14,000 - and Michigan State University - which would cost around $30,000. That difference in price would hit my family and I hard, but from what I can tell the difference in program quality is substantial. I declared a general physics major but plan to go towards astrophysics and astronomy.

It's important to me that I can pursue undergraduate research in physics and that seems more established at MSU...I'd hate to deny an opportunity because of costs that might be worth it.

Does anyone have any advice about choosing?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Arizona has the strongest astronomy program in the country.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: romsofia
I hear Arizona's optics program is nothing to sneeze at, either.