1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interest in quantum entanglement would it be an appropriate subject

1. May 9, 2014 #1
    ... for a dissertation in the final year of a physics degree?

Over the summer we will be presented with a number of projects for our final year, we have been told that we may be allowed to choose our own if it is suitable.

I have a genuine interest in quantum entanglement and was wondering if someone could assess whether it would be a suitable subject for a dissertation, or would it be too difficult for an undergraduate?

I did very well in the quantum mechanics part of the course this year and plan to take the advanced quantum mechanics module next semester.

Thanks for any input.

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2014 #2

eri

What about quantum entanglement? Typically the idea is to have an original idea you want to test; it's not just another book/article research project.

4. May 11, 2014 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I think it would be a better idea to find a professor willing to work with you and to propose this subject to him. He will give you better answers than us.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook