1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interviewing After Accepting a Job Offer

1. Mar 24, 2008 #1
    I've accepted a job offer in early December but I have another interview with another company next week (that I'd rather work for)... also, with this company that I'm interviewing with, there's a possibility that I could continue to work for them throughout the school year through a "co-op", which is ideal for me.

What do I tell them about my offer from December? Or do I not say anything?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

What was the nature of your acceptance in December? When are you supposed to start work? Seems like a long time ago to have accepted a position, and not be there already.
  4. Mar 24, 2008 #3
    It's for a summer internship in EE. I would start end of May/early June.
  5. Mar 24, 2008 #4
    I have recently been going through a similar situation. I'm still going to interview with the company I'd rather work for, but breaking off ties with the company I've already said yes to (in such a poor fashion) just doesn't seem right to me.

I'm thinking about going to the interview for the company I'd rather work for and, if accepted, telling them that I'm busy during the summer but would like to work for them in the fall part-time while I'm in school.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?